Work in progress
Submitted by Alexis Wilke on Fri, 01/13/2012 - 22:14
I learned today that in the last couple of months two people tested content using an IFRAME to see whether the links in the IFRAME would generate the expected juice1 to the destination page, and it does!
The image to the right shows you what the test is about:
1. You create a new page
2. You create a link from a low ranking page2
3. You wait 2 or 3 weeks and the Google Ranking of the New Page may become zero (0)3
4. Well! You want to help that page a little faster... to do that you create an IFRAME in a high ranking page (GR7!)
5. You wait another 2 or 3 weeks...
6. The New Page rank is now high enough (probably 1 or 2) and the page can be found in a Google Search!
This is not artificial. I'm sure. However, you do not want to start adding hundred of IFRAME tags in a single page. If you do that, you'll get a penalty for slow loading and probably another for "too many links" type of problem4.